With the busy days, holidays, and cold nights approaching us quickly I decided it was time to break out the crock pot. I barely use it when it is hot outside as I find it much more fun to grill, but I do love crock pots especially in the winter. Nothing is better than coming home to a warm meal that you barely have to cook or clean up.
Although this may not be the healthiest meal, I always tell myself the more homemade it is the better. Also, try to buy hormone free, grass fed meats as well as organic vegetables. You can always make this meal as healthy or unhealthy as you would like. They way I make it is for convenience and taste. I hope you like it!
Crockpot Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
- made in 4.5 quart crockpot
- serves 4-6
- 6 serving slices of ham sliced 1/4" thick cut up (I usually buy the giant ham steaks for this as they are cheap and easy to cut up plus they are already smoked and taste great in the crockpot all day)
- 6-8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced like circles
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) cream of celery soup
- Paprika to taste
Put half of the ham, potatoes and onions in crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cover with only half of the cheese.
Spread the undiluted soup evenly over the top so air does not reach the potatoes. Sprinkle top layer with Paprika.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours until potatoes are tender.