Every once in a while a mom this mom has a rough week and has to think of quick solutions to toddler problems and melt downs. While catching up on work today a hungry toddler was bothering me and I realized it was late in the day and poor Xavier had not had lunch yet. So I needed to make something fast.
We do not have much in the house right now. No real reason other than we just have not had the time to go grocery shopping in a while so we are what I call "cupboard cleaning". (Don't worry going shopping tomorrow since we are both off). So as I scanned my cupboard I came up with this concoction. I apologize for not many more pictures but I did not know how delicious they were going to turn out. Plus, if you have ever made quesadillas they are very easy. Much like an omelet only easier because the tortilla does not fall apart.
These Black Bean and Cheese Quesadillas are also low calorie and good for you if you use whole grain tortillas and rinse off your black beans before heating them. I hope they make your lunches a little tastier.
Black Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
- makes four quesadillas
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cumin
- Whole wheat tortillas (however many you want to make this is for four)
- 2 cups of mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Rinse and drain black beans and put into a small stove top pot. Heat on medium/high heat and add in the enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil and then, turn off.
- In a frying pan or skillet use cooking spray to grease the pan (do this in between each quesadilla) fold the tortilla in half and fill with bean mixture and top with 1/2 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese per quesadilla. Cook on frying pan on each side for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve hot, you can make a bunch a head of time and reheat in the microwave, but they taste much better fresh!
Even Xavier approves of them!
We have a fun filled weekend with friends planned and are looking forward to the beautiful weather. Don't forget to enter our raffle for a free Subtech Sports Dryskin for your Iphone 4/4S (a $24.95 value)! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
If you enjoy reading this blog please feel free to check out the tabs above on different subjects. Please remember to spread some BLOG LOVE! If you love a blog, click on what they ask you to, "Like" their Facebook page, or Twitter or whatever you would like! This is how I am able to bring great products, stories and do something that I love. My hope is to help parents decipher all the different information and products today and make decisions for themselves based on non-biased reviews along with some heartfelt stories along the way!
Top Mommy Blogs, has some great blogs for all kinds of parents and I am in the Stay At Home Mom Category, please just click the link and your vote is cast for me to stay on top to receive more promotions and stories. Also, feel free to like any social media accounts that is always helpful for me and hopefully informative and fun for you and feel free to pass my blog link on to some of your friends! I hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for always spreading love!