I am always on the look out for a new recipes to throw into a pan and bake that is why I have such a love of casseroles. This is an easy and yummy casserole you can make quickly that your whole family will love and it has tons of healthy and yummy goodness to it. I hope you family enjoys it as much as we do!
Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Casserole
Serves 3-4 servings
- 4 TBSPs butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 oz. pasta such as rotini or elbow, cooked and drained
- 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 4-6 cups assorted frozen vegetables, thawed, feel free to be creative, we have done a few with mushrooms and spinach, broccoli and carrots, peas, you name it and you can find a way to put it into this casserole
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs ( you can use regular as well, but I like the taste of the Italian seasoning )
- 1 TBSP grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine 3 of the tablespoons of butter, milk, cooked pasta, chicken, vegetables and cheddar cheese in an 8 inch baking dish.
Next, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining tablespoon of butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
Bake until heated through and crumbs are toasted about 30 minutes.