This recipe is an Arbia family favorite. I got this recipe from the Food Network chef, Giada DeLaurentiis. This is a great pasta recipe that is fast and easy to make and very tasty. It is nice to have some different pasta dishes besides spaghetti and sauce. This is a healthy alternative and kids like it as well because of the bright colors. Pick their favorite type of pasta to cook this with and you will have a healthy dinner for the entire family.
Asiago Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
Recipe Courtesy of Giada DeLaurentiis
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag of fresh spinach roughly, chopped
- 8 ounces (1/2 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (3 1/2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes.
Add the cooked pasta and toss. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine. Transfer pasta to a serving plate and serve hot.