Monday, July 23, 2012
When Life Gives You Lemons!
Lemon Juice Uses (either fresh or concentrate)
1) Put a 1/4 to 1/2 cup in your laundry to brighten whites (works even better if you can then hang those whites outside in the sun)
2) Squirt some on apples, pears, avocados and potatoes to keep them from turning brown
3) Removes bad smells from refrigerators, cutting boards, microwaves or simmer on stove top as an air freshner
4) Squirt on window sills, thresholds of doors, along baseboards, and cracks for insect repellant, you can also add it to your floor wash for insect-repelling and cleaning
5) Use on hard water stains, debris and glass (either straight or mixed with water in spray bottle)
6) A few drops of lemon juice added to simmering rice will keep it from sticking to the pot, making clean up a lot easier
7) You can use it to naturally highlight your hair, soak strands in concentrated area, or put in spray bottle with water and spray all over, dry in sun
8) Use as an astringent/toner for your skin put it on a cotton ball, it eliminates oil and tightens pores
9) Apply undiluted to itchy rashes such as poison ivy to soothe and help keep it from spreading
10) Take 2 TBSPs with 8 oz of warm water in the morning to naturally regulate your digestive system
11) Lemon juice mixed with water in a spray bottle is a great household cleaner for stove tops, counter tops, etc.
12) To sanitize your dishwasher put 1/4 cup juice in soap dispenser and run in normal cycle
13) To clean the grout around tiles
14) Cleans silver
15) Cleans tarnish off of brass
16) Put lemon juice on small cut or scrape to disinfect the wound
17) To eliminate odors in your humidifier pour 3 or 4 teaspoons into the water
18) Tuna salad is great with about a teaspoon of lemon juice, it helps to cut some of the fish taste out of it.